Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Trueno resto: **fresh wheels arrive...

 A soul is put to a Japanese product...


I always really loved the colour and design of bronze TE37s, before I got into AE86s or even Japanese cars.  When I bought my Trueno and it came with them fitted it was a real treat. As time went by, I found myself wishing they were just that bit wider, and perhaps with a bit of dish/more offset. The 6.5J et0's while ridiculously light and strong, always seemed a little tame compared to some of the other tasty wheels out there. Then one day Rays made the TE37V. In 15". Close but not close enough..


But, eventually my dreams were answered ,and Rays announced a fat range of 14" TE37V in 4x114.3!!! After much thought I got a great offer from RHDJapan that I just couldn't resist, and with the car going to the bodyshop it seemed like the perfect, if only time to do it.
 
  So just this morning they arrived, 14x8.5 -5 (m-rim) for the front, and 14x9 -15 (l-rim) for the rear...
 
 Along with the "shower caps" they also came with another set of fresh valves, and the matching retro style "RAYS" and "TE37V" decals.

 
 

All stickered up, ready for some fresh rubber, we will try 185/55 and 195/55 to begin with...




Obligatory "what fits in the whale" shot :)


5 comments:

  1. Epic ..... Just Pure Epic !!!! i tip my hat to you sir .

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks alot guys :D I got too much inspiration on your blogs lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much were they???? im tryna get some for my ef sedan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for some other informative blog.Verona Kitchen & Bar Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information.

    ReplyDelete