My longer term plans for my engine have jumped the queue a little with a tasty head gasket failure last weekend. The coolant in my car was never the cleanest despite many many attempts at flushing the system out, and my uprated temperature gauges revealed a water system that was not the most stable, quite often after a hard drive there would be a lovely mess in the engine bay after the expansion bottle got sick all over the chassis leg! Something that I knew needed addressing but finally has to be done. Now.
So, Kev and I drew up a few plans, keeping with the head-build that is already in progress, and added a few more items, to come up with what will be a very nice streetable but still track day capable (if I ever get there...) 16v T-Vis 4age for my Trueno. So, until the build pics start coming, all I can offer is the planning list so far:
- cleaned / skimmed big port head with port work by Kev
- HKS 256/8.3mm cams with HKS pulleys & HKS valve springs
- ARP head / main / big / flywheel bolt and stud sets
- TRD/Toda 0.8mm head gasket
- block cleaned / bored / decked, to make way for...
- Wiseco 81.5mm high comp. pistons
- new big / main / thrust / spigot bearings
- new Toyota oil pump
- all new Toyota gaskets
- new timing belt & tensioner
- all new Samco coolant hoses (including new heater hoses soon available thanks to jdm86gtz on 86irl!)
- new standard radiator
- breathing through my full ARC intake system and Fujitsubo Super Ex 4-1
- all thoughts controlled by my AP Engineering Apexi Power FC