Monday, November 8, 2010

My Levin refresh ^^^

My "daily" Levin has been off the road for about 3/4 months now so it's about time to get back driving it! I miss the fun of driving/drifting my hachi every day.A few small jobs built up over time on it so I gave it a rest as I planned and saved for a few parts.
The weekend just gone I push started it and got it down to my daily work garage and got started on it.
First off was to charge the battery and strip it down for a timing belt kit and vvt cam gear change.


Along with the (hopefully good ) used vvt gear and timing belt it got a new Toyota tensioner and idler pulley.The old cam gear was rattling away like mad and this is my 2nd time to change it so I hope I got lucky with this gear as Toyota want 350+ euro for a new one!!

  
It all went back together then with a full cooling system full of fresh coolant for the winter!
As it was sitting up for a few months , the starter finally gave up on me, it was starting to go even before I let it sit up idle.So now was the right time to pull it out and get it re-con'd .So thats where I left it Sunday, I should have the starter back tomorrow. 

 I'm REALLY looking forward to getting back into my Recaro for a bit a drifting over the winter, even the short trip to the garage had me excited again!!!!

So that's my timing belt , battery and starter motor sorted now, next in line is a good boot lid, which I just picked up tonight , and a big thanks to the mega cage builder Roco Ronan for that, not a spot of rust on it!!!! 
Along with the boot lid , I have found two small patches of rust under the boot seal , which is causing a leak so that will be sorted when the boot lid is getting done very soon hopefully. I'll update with some pic's as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment